You should prepare for the course by doing the following:
1. Complete the precourse preparation checklist that came with your ACLS Provider manual. Bring the checklist with you to the course.
2. Review the course agenda
3. Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 cases in part 5.
4. The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on 1-rescuer adult CPR and AED skills at the beginning of the ALCs Provider Course. You must know this in advance, since you will not be taught how to do CPR or how to use an AED.
5. Review, understand, and complete the ECG and Pharmacology Precourse Self-Assessment on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent). You will not be taught how to read or interpret ECGs in the course, nor will you be taught details about ACLS pharmacology.
6. Print your scores for the Precourse Self-Assessment and bring them with you to class.
Current textbook must be brought to class. Available in the Mt. SAC Book Rac if needed. (ACLS Provider Manual, ISBN# 978-1-61669-400-5 $49.25). Class is in Oakwood A.