This exciting and innovative course will teach our youth of today how to recognize and treat medical emergencies like cardiac arrest, and administer First Aid as needed with age appropriate preparedness materials. Students will learn easy action steps for environmental emergencies that will be fun and effective! All participants will use interactive games and hands on activities to learn and practice how to be better prepared for the unexpected while in a safe and stress free environment. Each student will receive a participation completion certificate from Mount San Antonio College in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines. This course falls under the Communication, Critical Thinking and Personal and Social Institutional Level Outcomes. No previous experience needed to be a successful participant.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize when and how to call for help
- Identify, and treat different types of medical / First Aid Emergencies
- Demonstrate how to Administer CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for Adults and Children
- Administer the Heimlich for a choking Adult or child
- Utilize strategies for Environmental Emergencies
- Identify Appropriate first aid kit content