Frequently Asked Questions
What are Community Education Classes? They are short-term, not-for-credit classes open to adults 16+ years old. College for Kids and Youth class ages are listed with the class title. Mt. SAC Community Education classes are not equivalent to credit classes and cannot be used to meet prerequisites in the Mt. SAC credit program.
Where do I park? A Parking Permit is required & parking regulations are enforced in all Students Lots during Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer Sessions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student Permits are valid only in Student Lots.
- $50 Fall and Spring Semesters
- $25 Winter and Summer Intersessions
- $4 One Day-Pass
- METERED PARKING: Metered parking is available for visitors in certain parking lots on campus (25¢ for each 15 minutes; 4 hour maximum). State Disabled Persons placards are allowed at meters.
- MOTORCYCLES: As long as traffic is not obstructed, students may park in student lots only at the end of parking rows within the lines if not marked NO PARKING without a student permit. A motorcycle parked in a parking stall must display a student permit. A staff permit is required on all motorcycles parked in staff lots.
Fee-Based Community Education Students can purchase parking permits at the parking services office in Bldg. 23. Office hours are: Mon-Thurs, 8:00 am-5:00pm & Fri, 8:00am-4:00pm.
All other Credit/Vocational students must go to the Bursars Office in Bldg. 4 (lower level) to purchase a parking permit.
Map of the Campus: www.mtsac.edu/maps/
How do I register for Community Education Classes?
- ONLINE: To register online for the first time, click on "Sign In," then click on "Create a Student Profile" and complete your profile. Be sure to note your username and password. If you already created your profile in the past, you don't have to repeat this step. Continue to use your original username and password. Select your classes, proceed to checkout and pay your fee online by credit card. (Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card only)
- IN PERSON: Create a Student Profile and register in person at the Continuing Education Division Registration Office located at 1100 N. Grand Ave. in Building 40, Room 104 (enter campus on Bonita Avenue off Temple Avenue).
OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
Can I register on the first day of class? Yes, if space is available. We encourage you to register early as many classes fill prior to the class date. Classes with low enrollment may be cancelled prior to the first day of class.
What about holidays? Classes do not typically meet on school holidays or as requested by instructor.
To whom do I pay the material fee? Pay material fees in cash directly to the instructor at the first class, unless otherwise noted.
- Refunds must be requested at least three business days prior to the first class meeting. You can email email@example.com or call (909) 274-4220 and press 8 once the menu has started.
- A $12 processing fee is charged for each class refunded.
- No transfers. No makeup sessions for missed classes. Registrations are non-transferrable.
- Refunds are issued to the same credit card used when registering. If you paid by cash or check a check will be mailed to you.
- Refunds are issued within 2-4 weeks after request is received.
- If we cancel a class we will notify you and a full refund will be issued.
- No refunds are issued for the Phlebotomy program, Makeup Artistry program and Swim Lessons.
What happens to my personal information? Mt. SAC Continuing Education Division is committed to protecting your privacy online. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may use the information collected to contact you regarding course information, promotional updates, specials, new additions to the Community Education Web site or your online experience. We do not store your credit card number on our website.
If you have any questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Financial Aid be used to pay for my classes? No. Community Education fee based courses are not eligible for financial aid.