Skip to main content
Community Education (Fee-Based Classes)
Frequently Asked Questions

What are Community Education Classes? 
Community Education classes are for the most part short-term and not-for-credit classes open to youth and adults.   These include career and professional development programs, financial planning seminars and workshops, foreign language instruction, CPR and First Aid classes, sports and fitness, and special programs for kids and youth.  Mt. SAC Community Education classes are not equivalent to credit classes and cannot be used to meet prerequisites in the Mt. SAC credit program.  Community Education is a self-supporting entity of the college and is not funded by taxpayer dollars.  Fees are based on the instructor’s salary, enrollment, duration of the class, administrative and operating costs.
Where are you located? 
Our office is in Building 40, Room 101 (enter campus on Bonita Avenue off Temple Avenue).  
Where do I park?
Student must park in the designated student parking lots.  A Parking Permit is required, and parking regulations are enforced in all Students Lots 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student Permits are valid only in Student Lots.   Campus Map:

  • $55 Fall and Spring Semesters
  • $30 Winter and Summer Intersessions
  • $5 One Day-Pass
  •  METERED PARKING:  Metered parking is available for visitors in certain parking lots on campus (25¢ for each 15 minutes; 4 hour maximum).  State Disabled Persons placards are allowed at meters. 
  • MOTORCYCLES:  Must park ONLY in the white hashed marked areas at the end of the parking rows if not marked with NO PARKING (not allowed in car stalls).   Students riding a motorcycle must meet one of the three options listed below:  1) A regular Mt SAC student parking (CAR) permit WITH YOUR MOTORCYCLE LISTED IN THE SYSTEM currently on file as one of your vehicles.  Police & Campus Safety must have your license plate on record 2) A student Motorcycle specific parking decal on the fender or windshield or, 3) A day use slip $5.00 (must be taped to motorcycle windshield)
Parking Services up to-date information:
Fee-Based Community Education Students can purchase parking permits online at  Office hours are Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm. 

How do I register for Community Education Classes (Fee-Based Classes)?

  • ONLINE:  To register online for the first time go to, click on "Sign In," then click on "Create a Student Profile" and complete your profile.  Be sure to note your username and password.  If you already created your profile in the past, you don't have to repeat this step.  Continue to use your original username and password.  Select your classes, proceed to checkout and pay your fee online by credit card.  (Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card only)
  • IF you do not recall your previous log in information, DO NOT create a new account, please call 909-274-4220.
  • IN PERSON:  Create a Student Profile and register in person at the School of Continuing Education Registration Office located at 1100 N. Grand Ave. in Building 40, Room 101 (enter campus on Bonita Avenue off Temple Avenue).  

Office hours:
Monday through Thursday:  8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Friday: 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m.
Can I register on the first day of class? 
Yes, if space is available.  We encourage you to register early as many classes fill prior to the class date.  Classes with low enrollment may be cancelled prior to the first day of class.
What about holidays? 
Classes do not typically meet on school holidays or as requested by instructor.
To whom do I pay the material fee? 
Pay material fees in cash directly to the instructor the first day of class, unless otherwise noted.
About Refunds: 

  • Refunds must be requested at least three business days prior to the first class meeting.  You can email or call (909) 274-4220.
  • A $12 processing fee is charged for each class refunded.
  • No transfers.  No makeup sessions for missed classes.  Registrations are non-transferrable.
  • Refunds are issued to the same credit card used when registering.  If you paid by cash or check a check will be mailed to you.
  • Refunds are issued within 2-4 weeks after request is received.
  • If we cancel a class we will notify you and a full refund will be issued.
  • No refunds are issued for Motorcycle Safety Training and Makeup Artistry Program.

What happens to my personal information? 
Mt. SAC Continuing Education Division is committed to protecting your privacy online.  We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.  We may use the information collected to contact you regarding course information, promotional updates, specials, and new additions to the Community Education Web site or your online experience.  We do not store your credit card numbers on our website.  
Can Financial Aid be used to pay for my classes? 
No, Community Education fee-based courses are not eligible for financial aid.
Motorcyclist Training Course:
Do I need to provide my own motorcycle? 
No, we provide motorcycles and helmets.
Can I take the course if I am under 18 years of age? 
Yes, however, your parent must come with you to the first class to sign a waiver.
How can I receive emergency information?
Stay informed and receive important emergency notifications from Mt. SAC via text message.  Standard text message and data rates apply. Text MTSACALERT to 226787 (CAMPUS) to opt-in. To opt out text STOP to 226787 (CAMPUS).  
For additional inquiries about our classes, please contact us via e-mail at, or by phone at (909) 274-4220.