This course is designed for participants looking to enter the water distribution workforce as well as for experienced water distribution systems operators. This course prepares the student for the D1 - D3 Water Distribution Operator's examinations administered by the State Water Resources Control Board. Topics covered in this class include: arithmetic, water production, types of reservoirs, service lines, pumps, installation and repair of water distribution facilities, water chemistry, and an introduction to water treatment. This course qualifies for up to 45 contact hours / CEU’s.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Take the California State Water Resources Control Board Water Distribution Certification exams for the Grade D1 through Grade D3 licenses.
- Learn basic through advanced math skills used in the water industry.
- Learn hydraulic principals related to water transmission and storage.
- Learn practical skills needed to seek employment or advancement in the water industry.
- Identify and understand materials and methods used in water distribution and storage systems.